Sunday, November 13, 2005

How We Exchange Ourselves

[ How We Exchange Ourselves ]

I think of you
and a place in air making that boundary
and I'm there too, simply by thinking
Pollock. This is one way of rediscovering our capacity
for hope. The distance through the trees erased. Imagine
Autumn nearly over some leaves crisp
and brown have fallen some are yellow
we walk on to a horizon line that's bea-
utifully keen, sonorous and doesn't sag
beneath our variable weight. At the center
of the park a landscape photographer
who remembered the rose
of the Rose of the World rising up from memory's perfect
desire. Odor of lanolin, the wrinkled petal
pressed to your palm. The jack pines
will shed their shadow before rest,
as (in)visible momentum is felt, one shoe on
one shoe off; together my total sense: your lips part revealing
two perfect dawns colored like an only tree.
Seen through you the great works of Bellini, you are greater.
I will position the inexorable sky behind the hard light.
I will take up various tasks in the garden.
I will whisper beyond what telescopes can see.
* * * * *

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home